I saw this fun link up on Ashley's blog. From Mrs. to Mama is hosting this link up and in honor of Valentine's Day next week I thought it would be fun to participate! I have enjoyed reading the blogs for this link up so far- everyone's story is different and fun!
1. How long have you and you significant other been together?
We started dating in September 2010. I would say we were "together" in November. We don't really have a dating anniversary!
2. How did you meet? Whats your "love story"?
Zach had been a technician in the lab for a year after undergrad. We were acquaintances, but we started getting to know each other when we had stats together the first semester he started grad school. We studied for a test together and kept hanging out even when we weren't doing homework! We had a crazy adventure together trying to travel to a conference in Salt Lake City and that was definitely a bonding weekend ;) We just had a lot of fun together and hanging out led to dating by the end of the semester!
3. How long have you been married? If not married, is this the guy you hope to marry?
We aren't married yet but we are engaged!
4. If you are married, where did you get married? Big or small wedding?
We are planning on having a small-medium wedding with about 100 guests in March 2013. We are hoping Charleston is where we find the perfect venue for our wedding.
5. Do you have any nick-names that you call one another? Do share!
We don't really have nicknames that we use on the reg. We have boofi and goofi that occasionally come out when we are goofing off, but we usually just call each other Zach and Ashley!
6. Name 3 things you love most about your honey.
1. He always makes me feel loved and wanted. Whether it is through words or actions, he makes me feel happy, beautiful, smart, and loved every day. Even on bad days, he always makes sure to hug and kiss me and say I love you.
2. He is incredibly patient. I don't know anyone else who would listen to me talk for 10 hours in the car, outlet shop with me (even if he is playing Angry Birds while I'm looking at clothes), hear about research, thesis writing, blogging, running, yoga, the gym, etc everyday and still listen as intently as he does.
3. He's goofy! We are constantly cracking up at each other and laughing. He is really just so funny sometimes! We have a lot of fun with each other. I also love that he isn't "too good" or "manly" to just have fun and wear shamrock sunglasses sometimes.
7. Tell us how he proposed? Or your ideal proposal?
We got engaged in NYC on December 20, 2011! We ate an awesome lunch at a MSU themed restaurant called The Junction, and he asked me outside the restaurant after lunch. We were headed to the m&ms store in Times Square for dessert, and he asked me, "Are you excited?" I thought he was talking about the three stories of m&ms so I responded "For m&ms?! YES!" Then he got down on one knee and asked me to marry him!
8. Is he a flowers and teddy bear kind of guy for v-day, or strawberries, champagne, and rose petals?
He is more of a go out to dinner guy. He does get me chocolate though! And he writes the best messages in cards! They always make me laugh and cry at the same time.
9. Are you a sunset dinner on the beach kind of girl, or pop a movie in and relax on the couch?
I'm definitely more of a movie and couch girl most of the time. I do love and really enjoy the beachside dinners when we are on vacation though!
10. Tell us one thing you'd like to do with your significant one day. If you could do anything? Go anywhere?
I would love to go to Europe and travel with each other for a couple of weeks! We both want to visit several places in Europe and I think we would have the best time. I love traveling with Zach!
11. Tell us what you plan on doing on this Valentine's Day.
We are going out to hibachi for dinner and then will probably come home, relax together on the couch (with Zoe) and watch a movie and have yummy dessert! I also have a special breakfast planned but I'll reveal that after I make it for Zach!
12. Are you asking for anything this Valentine's day?
Just a fun dinner, no-technology cuddling/movie on the couch, and a Reese's peanut butter heart.
13. Give us one piece of advice of keeping a relationship strong and full of love.
Have fun! Don't forget that you are each other's best friend. We all get caught up in work and family and the day to day drive to just go go go all the time. I laugh a ton with Zach and we have fun every day, even if it's just taking Zoe for a walk or getting froyo as a break from thesis writing.
14. Show us a picture of what love means to you.
This picture is from the Egg Bowl this past November. We were soaked from the rain and cold, but it was the only game we went to just the two of us and we had the best time! We embraced the whole sitting in the rain gameday and enjoyed our last game as students and had an awesome time.