Four Jobs I've Had in My Life
1. Ice Cream Scooper- my first job. I was 16, and I wound up getting fired haha. In my defense, I was running high school cross country, had asked for a weekend off months in advance for a race weekend trip, was told I could have it off, then he gave a girl who started work after me the weekend off instead. I picked XC. Oh well haha.
2. Starbucks Coffee (baristas then shift supervisor)- I started working at Starbucks the summer before I started college and left a week before I started graduate school. Best job ever. Now don't get me wrong, some things were a massive pain and I felt like I was babysitting adults, but I loved this job. Awesome pay. great hours, and I loved the people I worked with.
3. Undergraduate Researcher- I worked for one year as an undergraduate researcher. I looked at the effects of fluorocarbons (like Teflon) and their effects on pulmonary lung membranes. I got to play with liquid nitrogen, which was cool. I wish I took more advantage of this job though and presented at a conference or tried to get co-authored in a paper.
4. Graduate Research Assistant-the worst paying job of your life will be grad school. Sure, I get a stipend, but the amount I work makes my hourly rate about...$2 an hour? Maybe $3 on a good week. But I have to say, best decision of my life was to come to grad school. I am a way better engineer, I think on my own more, I will have publications by the time I leave, and I met my Zach here :) Like I said...grad school sucks, but it has made my life better in lots of ways.
Four Movies I Would Watch Over and Over
1. Sex and the City (the first movie)
2. Sweet Home Alabama
3. Anchorman (kills me everytime)
4. Legally Blonde (no judgement)
Four Places I've Lived
Like Hannah, I don't want to share all my life's details publicly ( haha ), so I'll do 2 places I've lived and 2 places I would like to live
1. Starkville, Mississippi- I moved here for grad school at Mississippi State. Aside from the lack of Target, Ann Taylor Loft, J Crew, TJ Maxx, and any type of craft store, I like it here a lot. I love State. Oh and the beach. Not being by the beach sucks.
2. The always fabulous Jacksonville Beach, Florida- Home is where your heart is. And part of mine will always be in Northeast Florida, no matter where I live in my life.
3. Savannah, Georgia- Zach and I are REALLY hoping that this is the next place we move to. We've heard awesome things about it and it seems to have lots of opportunities for chem e's. If anyone in the Savannah area wants to offer us jobs, by all means we are on our way!
We are going here Labor Day weekend to check out the place.
4. Key West, Florida- My favorite place of all time. I'll live there as a beach bum engineer. Are there beach engineers?
Four TV Shows I Love to Watch
1. My favorite- Sex and the City. Who could not love this show
3. Law and Order: SVU- I love this show.
4. Cooking shows like Chopped and Challenge
Four Places I Have Been on Vacation
1. Cozumel, Mexico- I don't love Mexico, but I do love kayaking in their oceans
2. Key West, Florida- Obvi.
3. Grand Cayman, Bahamas- Went here on a cruise with my 2 friends, Amanda and Brianna. The water is awesome but the enormous stingrays are freaky.
4. Charleston, SC- Zach and I just spent a weekend here and we loved it. Will definitely be re-visiting in the future.I would love to see y'alls responses if you decide to fill out these questions so let me know!
This week...hmm...I've been running in the morning as usual. This morning it poured with about a mile left...Zoe is a princess and is not a fan of rain, but she got over this quickly. She did not get over the rushing water into the drainage on the side of the road though and janked me around them. I felt like she was pulling me the whole time! Baby steps for my furry baby.
I hope my shoes are dry by tomorrow morning!
I've also been working in the lab, also as usual, reacting some films, same story, different day.
Tonight we are going out with the other grad students in our lab group to celebrate my and Zach's birthdays. We usually all take out the birthday person for their birthday, and since Zach and my birthdays are 2 days apart, we are combining. I guess I can share with him :)