Friday, October 14, 2011

TGIF! Things I've been Thankful for the Past Couple Weeks

These past couple of weeks have been crazy as usual! The stress of trying to make graduation deadlines has been really getting to me the past couple of days, so I'm trying to look on the bright side and think about the things I'm so grateful for!
I'm grateful for the support I get from Zach. I have wonderful friends and family who are all there for me to vent to when I'm stressed, but since Zach sees me every day he usually hears the most of it. And being an engineer and a grad student he really understands. I'm really thankful for someone who knows exactly how to balance out my type-A stressed out self with some relaxing (and frozen yogurt!)

I'm grateful for my parents who are helping Zach and I with holiday travel expenses. I only see my family once or twice a year and I really appreciate the help around the holidays! Grad school doesn't pay that great!

I'm grateful for this goofy girl. She always puts a smile on my face! And her Halloween costume arrived this week from my mom who picked it up for me! She's going to be the prettiest, most ferocious furry skeleton anyone has ever seen. With a candy corn bandana. So cute!
I'm thankful for the pretty views I had on my run today. Sometimes I get jealous of the beach runs or mountain views I see some people get all the time, but I need to remind myself that Mississippi has its own kind of beauty. Look at all that cotton!
I'm also thankful that I can run. Sometimes they aren't easy and sometimes I feel like skipping a run, but I reminded myself today that some people don't even have the option to run. How lucky am I? :)

Weekly Runs:
Monday: Scheduled: 3 Miles Ran: 3.2 Miles
Good run after my weekend of questionable eating choices. Hehe.
Wednesday: Scheduled: 6 Miles Ran: 6.1 Miles
Tough and sluggish but I did it!
Friday: Scheduled 10 Miles Ran 7.75 Miles
I had about 2 hours to run this morning, but due to traffic driving to campus to run, we wound up running for an hour and 45 minutes. Challenging workout because I lost 3 weeks in September due to my (still healing) knee injury. I'm trying to build up as much distance as I can before my half in three weeks.

I'm also thankful today is Friday and that means tomorrow is gameday! Saturday is my only day to not work (even though I think about it all day!) and enjoy football season!

Go GATORS! Beat Auburn!
Go MISSISSIPPI STATE! Beat South Carolina!
Go VOLS! Beat LSU!
Go CLEMSON! Beat Maryland!

Have a great weekend!
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment