There are lots of things I want to accomplish/enjoy this fall before the craziness of Christmas and New Years traveling commences. I thought it would be fun to share them with y'all to both hold me accountable as well as hear your fall goals!
1. Rock n Roll Savannah 1/2 Marathon:
This event is one I've been looking forward to for months! While my training has not gone as well as anticipated due to my knee injury, I'm going to give this race my best. I'm going to complete my first half marathon and on that day, I will run the best I can for that day. And also enjoy a weekend in Savannah!
2. Start training for my next half! I love running. And I can't wait to do more races! I love having a training plan and a goal to work towards. It's really motivating for me. I also want to make sure I incorporate cross training and weight training into my next round of training. I think it would make me an overall better runner.
3. Successfully defend for my Master's Degree:
So here's an update on the progress of my Master's degree. I was supposed to be done in December. At MSU, a Master's candidate has several milestones they have to complete (successfully) in order to earn their degree. The first is to finish and pass all coursework. Check. The second is to complete research projects. Check. The third is to write a thesis on said research projects. Check. Edit the thesis with your advisor. No check. Send edited thesis to committee members 2 weeks before defense. No check. Defend. No check.
I've completed my thesis and sent it to my advisor for revision. Then she had her baby. And has been kinda MIA/recovering, which is totally understandable. I tried to avoid this situation because I knew she was going to be home for a few weeks post-baby. I guess things just got too swamped on her end because I never got my revisions. Two weeks before the deadline for defense for December graduation came and went. And now I can't graduate in December. Sweet.
But I'm trying to be optimistic in this situation. My thesis will be even better because I have more time to edit it and add any data to supplement the work I've done over the past 2 years. I will be better prepared for my defense with more time, and I will defend before Christmas!
4. Enjoy my last football season as an MSU student and have a great time at the Alabama and Ole Miss games in November! Go Dawgs!
5. Make it to Rocky Top one more time this season!
6. Master the art of football shaped cake balls! I want to make these for the Alabama game!
7. Pick pumpkins, carve them, decorate a Christmas tree, make holiday baked goods...basically enjoy the seasons and celebrate each holiday this fall. Stop stressing out and enjoy the best most exciting time of the year!
I'd love to hear y'alls fall goals! What are you looking forward to this season?