Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Show Us Your Football Team and Run Recap!

Today I'm linking up with Lindsey for Show Us Your Football Team! As most of you know, I have two teams!
My FLORIDA GATORS (of course :) ) and MISSISSIPPI STATE BULLDOGS!
The Swamp is one of my favorite places in the world. I have so many happy memories there! GO GATORS!

And I love making new memories here in Starkville while I'm in grad school!
GO DAWGS!
I CAN'T WAIT till football season!! It makes my favorite season! :) I love cheering on my teams and tailgating! You all will be so sick of me blogging about football games by like...October!

Zach and I woke up this morning all ready for our run...only to look outside and see rain and thunder and lightning! Ugh! I can do rain all day long but the thunder and lightning....eh. I've run in storms before but I just don't think it's the safest thing in the world. So we went to work and moved our run to early evening.

I much prefer running in the mornings, because it's all done first thing in the morning! You're energized and accomplished first thing!
I don't like running at night as much because I have a realllly sensitive stomach, so I have to be super careful about what I eat all day. Milk does not sit well with me at all. I was careful all day (I did have a smoothie for breakfast but after 8-9 hours I should be ok), and ate a snack before the run because I was starvin'...

Zach and I split a MoJo peanut butter and pretzel bar and a GU, and off we went!
Yup...I wear headbands with gems on them while running...sorry bout it
Weather...not too bad! Still hot as Hades but it has been way worse!

I was really happy with how I pushed myself today. My legs felt pretty good and despite the heat, I didn't walk that much at all! My stomach was not happy at all though. I think it was the GU...sometimes they don't agree with me.

Pros about running in the evening:
-Have way more energy/fuel to burn since I've eaten breakfast, lunch and a snack
-Get to sleep a little later in the am!
-Zoe is calm all night (haha)

Cons:
-Have to be extremely careful about what I eat all day
-Have the run "hanging over my head" all day (not that I don't enjoy running at night, I just prefer to go first thing in the am so I have no excuses!
-It's 7 PM by the time we are done so have to eat supper later/have less time to do things before bed

And a Pro about tonight: It's Tuesday so I'm about to watch some Teen Mom!
Have a great Wednesday!

Photobucket
Pin It

4 comments:

  1. Good job with the run!! :) I am the same way, I like getting it done early :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm an evening runner, I feel like I run much better at night after the day is done. I have been known to get up for an early bird run but I much rather prefer running at night.

    ReplyDelete