Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Recipe: Muddy Buddies!

This past weekend I made one of my favorite treats that my mom always makes called Muddy Buddies (some people call it Puppy Chow or White Trash?). It is so quick and easy to make and everyone loves it! I am definitely going to make some for tailgating this season!

Muddy Buddies:

Ingredients:
-9 cups of Chex (you can use corn Chex, wheat Chex, chocolate Chex, or even Crispix)
-1 cup of semi sweet chocolate chips
-0.5 cup peanut butter
-0.25 cup butter or margarine
-1 teaspoon of vanilla
-1.5 cups confectioners sugar

Directions:
1. Combine butter, chocolate chips, and peanut butter into big bowl and heat in microwave for about a minute (until the chocolate melts) and stir until smooth

2. Add vanilla and stir

3, Add in cereal and stir

4. Put cereal mixture into a large freezer bag and add powdered sugar and SHAKE! Cool in refrigerator.

5. Stuff your face

I hope y'all are having a great week! Thank you so much for all of your sweet comments about my new blog layout. It's still a work in progress since I can only work on it at night but I'm really glad you all like it! 4 miles for me in the morning so I'm off to relax and go to sleep!

Photobucket
Pin It

2 comments:

  1. Can I testify just how good these are?! Because yum!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gracious! I forgot all about Muddy Buddies. These are so good and my kiddos love them and the great thing is you almost always have all the ingredients on hand.
    I'm making these right now. Thanks for reminding me.

    ReplyDelete