Monday, December 12, 2011

23 and a Half Hours: You'll Be Glad You're a Runner!

Runner's World tweeted a link to this video earlier today. Watch it! It's really interesting!


As someone who was formerly unhealthy, watching this video makes me really glad I've changed my habits!

Why I'm glad I'm a runner:
-I get to enjoy the weather all year round (yes, even the cold days!)
-I get to travel and visit new places for races
-I can fit into my "skinny jeans" (actually, they're too big now! I had to buy smaller jeans!)
-Exercise gives me endorphins. Endorphins make me happy. (Happy people just don't shoot their husbands...they just don't!)
-QT with Zoe and Zach
-I get to chat and catch up with my mom while we burn off Christmas cookies
-It makes me feel good about my accomplishments
-Awesome runner-blogger community
-Running changed my life for the SO MUCH better!

Are you a runner? If you are, why are you glad you're a runner? What did you think of the video?

How was your weekend? Zach, Zoe and I had a great weekend visiting his family for Mississippi Christmas. I got some great gifts! I can't wait to try them out! :) For running, I was given an armband for my iPhone so I don't have to carry it (YAY!) as well as a new long sleeved running shirt! I also got the movie The Help, which Zach and I watched last night. LOVED IT!! WHY did I wait so long to see it?! Now I will definitely be reading that book over break.

Happy Monday!
Pin It

4 comments:

  1. Okay, be proud. I'm going to start running again as a new year's resolution! :) I love all your reasons for loving to run. I'm off to watch the video!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad that I can make it in time to class when I wake up five minutes before. I run like it's a 5K. :D

    And I've been wanting to watch the Help forever. But haven't gotten a chance to do so.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just started running (Couch to 5k!) and I'm not enjoying it yet, but I'm gonna stick with it until I do!

    And I just said that Legally Blonde quote to my husband and he had no idea what I was talking about....glad you understand :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the quote from Legally Blonde, one of my favorites! I'm a runner and I like the fact that when I am done, no matter how far I ran, I'm sweating my butt off and I feel so accomplished!

    ReplyDelete