Hi everyone! As promised I'm posting about the New Year's Resolutions I've made for myself this year.
1. Lose weight. This is probably the one thing about myself that really bothers me. As a former runner, it bugs me to no end to feel so...uncomfortable in clothes, dressing rooms, vacations, etc. Now don't get me wrong, I'm not morbidly obese or anything, but I could stand to lose a good 50-60 pounds to be at a weight where I will feel better about how I look as well as be healthier and a good example to my future family. I've gone up and down throughout the years, but this year I'm not doing it again! I've joined Weight Watchers so any of you ladies who are doing Weight Watchers or any other plan let me know and we can all encourage each other!
2. Stop putting up with crap from other people. I'm sick and tired of being walked all over because I'm too nice sometimes. While I'll retain my social graces and tact, I'm not going to get upset over people who hurt my feelings or act unprofessionally or anything that just plain isn't respectful. Get ready to get called out.
3. Pay off the rest of my credit card debt. I'm ALMOST there! And will be DONE so soon!!
4. Graduate with my Master's and get a job. I'd love to return to fabulous Jacksonville (or just anywhere in Florida) and have a wonderful job, but in this economy, beggars can't be choosers. If staying in Mississippi for another couple of years means being employed, sign me up. However, anyone with any suggestions on where a chemical engineer could be employed, pass it along! :)
5. Not feel guilty about taking me time. I love love LOVE my family and friends and I'm so grateful for them. But sometimes I need time to myself. I'll be much nicer for it. And I'm no longer apologizing.
I'd love to hear your resolutions too! We can all do it! :)