Wednesday, August 4, 2010

The end of the 30 Day Blog Challenge

Day 22: A website
Since the first day of football season is only a month away (but whose counting), I decided to send y'all to the True Maroon website (click here). True Maroon is the words that describe the spirit of Mississippi State (where most of y'all know I go to grad school). I absolutely love my Gators with all my heart and will always be a Gator girl, but I also love Mississippi State and the way the whole town has such Bulldawg spirit. A girl can have 2 teams right? Hail State!
Hail Dear 'Ole State
Fight for that victory today!
Hit that line and tote that ball!
Cross the goal before you fall!
And then we'll yell, yell, yell, yell!
For dear 'ole State we'll yel like H-E-L-L!
Fight for Mis-sis-sip-pi State!
Go to hell Ole Miss! Go State!
Go check out the True Maroon website to learn more about what True Maroon is
This video gives me chills and gets me even more excited for football season! Go Dawgs! (and of course GO GATORS!)

Day 23: A way in which you want to be remembered
I want to be remembered as a happy, smart, caring person who is loyal to the ends of the earth and always tried her hardest. A good friend, sister, daughter, wife, mother...wherever life brings me.

Day 24: A movie no one would expect you to love

The Departed
I love this dang movie. Normally I'm not much of an action movie person; I tend to pick chick flics or comedy, but I love The Departed. It also doesn't hurt that Matt Damon looks so good as a State Trooper.

Day 25: A recipe
So y'all know I've been going to the gym and trying to eat better. Mary Catherine gave me this recipe for Hungry Girl muffins. It only takes 2 ingredients and they were really good!
Take a box of Devils Food cake mix and a can of pumpkin puree. Mix very thoroughly (the batter will be really thick). Spray a cupcake pan with nonstick spray like Pam, scoop into cupcake pan and cook for about 15 minutes at 400 degrees or until a knife comes out clean. They are so yummy and also only 183 calories! I personally added a few mini chocolate chips to mine to add a little something (but only a few!). So good!

Day 26: A childhood memory

For as long as I can remember, we went out on my grandparent's boat. I love being on the water and it is so relaxing to take a boat ride.
Here is my sister and I (I think I am about 7 or 8 and she is 5 or 6) on the boat. We loved getting to steer!

Day 27: A physical feature you love
I've always been a fan of green eyes. I think they are unique and I am grateful to have them! :)

Day 28: A scar you have and its story

This is the most boring scar story ever. I have a scar on my thumb from accidentally cutting myself with a razor blade in the lab while trying to get melted polymer off the metal form.
Excuse the background, I took this picture in the lab! Haha

Day 29: Hopes, dreams and plans for the next 365 days
In the next year, I will get my master's degree, hopefully either have a job or the opportunity to go on in school, have fun with a great guy, enjoy time with my friends and make lots of new memories, and just enjoy life!

Day 30: A motto or philosophy

"The cure for anything is salt water - sweat, tears, or the sea" Isak Dinesen


Photobucket
Pin It

5 comments:

  1. Coming from a fellow Gator and green-eyed gal...green eyes are a great feature! Also enjoyed The Departed, especially Leo D.

    ReplyDelete
  2. love your eyes too! YAY! for football season!! GEAUX TIGERS! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting recipe..I'll have to try it! Gooo Gators!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Saw your comment on Puttin' on the G.R.I.T.S-Go Gators!

    ReplyDelete