Thursday, June 10, 2010

Trip Up North!

I know I've been MIA for a few days...but last Thursday I headed out to...
...Rhode Island! I have some wonderful friends who live there and I was so happy to see them. I was able to go shopping, relax, and have some local food like clamcakes and chowder and Del's lemonade. Here are some pictures from the evening trip to Narragansett Beach we took.
The Coast Guard House is in the background...I love the lifeguard chairs.
Surfers were out hitting the big waves...in wetsuits of course!

From left Danielle, me, Amanda, and Brianna.
Rocky beach covered in pebbles that were smooth from the waves. I was on the lookout for an enormous clam shell like the one I found on this beach a few summers back that was still attached to its other half...but no such luck. The water was freezing too!
Here I am with my Del's lemonade...the best frozen lemonade you will ever have!

I always love visiting Rhode Island...especially in the summer with the ocean breeze! I was sorry I couldn't make it to Newport to visit but maybe next time!

While I was in RI I was able to pick up a few items from the MAC To the Beach collection and I also got to see Dave Matthews Band in concert...they put on an amazing show, as usual. I LOVE seeing them in concert they never disappoint me! Posts to follow later this week about the makeup and the concert (with lots of pictures!! I took a ton!!)

Later y'all!
Photobucket
Pin It

6 comments:

  1. Looks like you had a super fun trip! Can't wait to see more pictures. We are going to see Dave in July-can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooh fun!!!! That looks like a great trip! Thanks for sharing! My friend was born in Rhode Island but didn't live there very long. I would love to visit there someday! Can't wait for the post on MAC! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's awesome! I'm going to Rhode Island this summer too! Glad you had fun! xoxo.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm a Rhode Island Girl! :)

    That beach is where we took our engagement pictures and LOVE dels!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that list pic of you! You are just so adorable. And RI sounds like a blast. I've never been but can't wait to visit there some day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aw y'all are so sweet! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete