Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Vacation Part II: Jacksonville, St. Augustine and Zach's Birthday!

So Wednesday morning we woke up, packed, ate lunch and hit the road to JACKSONVILLE BEACH! My beach!

We met my mom, grandmother, and cousin for supper at Bahama Breeze in the Town Center.
This place is AWESOME and then we got frozen yogurt for dessert!
My Florida boy in his new Gator shirt I got him for his birthday :)
July 6 is the day in between my and Zach's birthday so we called it Zashapalooza, which we celebrated by staying in and watching TV! Haha we were so tired and wanted to enjoy Zach's birthday so we just layed low Wednesday night.

Thursday morning we woke up bright and early and headed to Jax Beach, where I ran 4 miles with my mom and Zach did a little work so it would be all finished up and not hanging over his head! Then we got ready and headed to the Anheuser-Busch brewery for a tour!

Zach at the brewery
Trying the different beers. They let each person have 2 full bottles! I had maybe 3/4 of one of my bottles haha so I just gave the rest of it to Zach and let him have my second one.
We really enjoyed the tour because we're engineers so we are familiar with the processes and also because Zach loves beer haha.

Clydesdales are enormous!

Then we headed to St. Augustine!
We ate a yummy birthday dinner at Scarlett O'Hara's and then walked around for a little while before our ghost tour started.
Zach with the Bridge of Lions in the background
More of our self-photoshoot. We were passing time by taking pictures of ourselves with everything haha
Zach in front of a pretty palm tree
Me in front of the pretty palm tree
Practicing our ghost tour faces
View of the fort...St. Augustine is just so beautiful to me even after 24 years!
The fort
Postcard quality? Haha

We went on a fun ghost tour for about an hour and a half. It wasn't scary per se, but I did enjoy the stories of a place I've spent a lot of my life in

See any orbs? Ghosts? Creepy.

Then we headed back up to the beaches and hit up Lynch's (my all time Jax Beach favorite...I like the trivia haha) and then Fionn MacCool's Irish Pub.
Zach had a great birthday and I was so glad I got to spend it with him!

Friday morning Zach, me, and my mom went on a quick run and picked up a bunch of shells.
Aww haha
I thought this picture was cool Zach took of me while I was walking to cool down. Instagram made it cooler
Run run!

We got ready to leave, pacled up our stuff and went to a few stores in Jax that I love...Beall's, Home Goods, and the town center.
I totally take pictures of things in stores that I love and want to make!
We finished our errands with a great lunch at Salt Life Seafood Shack before hitting the road to our next destination...

To be continued!! :)
Photobucket Pin It

2 comments:

  1. Love homegoods! Sounds like u had a fun time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm planning a bachelorette party in Jacksonville in September. I booked a hotel called the Palms Retro (I think that's what it's called). They have a Marilyn Monroe room. Let me know if you have any suggestions on things to do. No one in our group has even been to Jacksonville.

    ReplyDelete